Dental School Program at River Valley Health & Dental
River Valley Health & Dental provides dental services to students within our local school districts. Students enrolled will be seen by staff at their respective schools on our Mobile Care Unit. Any student within the district is eligible for the program.
Enrollment forms must be completely filled out in order to serve students. These forms will collect insurance information and services will be billed accordingly. The responsible party is expected to pay the balance, if any, after insurance. If you do not have insurance, we offer a sliding fee scale discount program that discounts services based on income and household size, using the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
Dental Services Provided:
- Dental Exams
- Fluoride Varnish Treatments
- Instruction For Oral Hygiene (Brushing, Flossing And Diet)
- Dental X-Rays (Cavity Detection)
- Tooth Extractions
- Dental Screenings
- Restorative Treatment (Fillings): Treatment to restore function, integrity and morphology of missing tooth structure.
- Prophylaxis Treatment (Sealants): A thin coating applied to the chewing surfaces of teeth, forming a protective shield over the enamel to prevent decay
Dental Student Enrollment Form
Please Complete the Following Form to Enroll in the Dental School Program
Communication is a very important aspect provided to the parent(s)/guardian(s) of students enrolled in the Dental School Program. Notification is given prior to all appointments and follow-up calls are made by River Valley Health & Dental staff, which includes information regarding referrals and/or additional treatment if needed.
For more information, please contact Laura Bierly, PHDHP, Outreach Dental Hygienist, (570) 567-5400 ext. 1320
This mobile unit is funded in part by: The Williamsport Lycoming Community Fund at First Community Foundation Partnership of Pennsylvania.